Spotify has today unveiled their long awaited ipad app. The app is much more than just a larger version of it’s iphone compadre, Spotify have taken advantage of the ipads features with mpressive interactive displays, sharper images and richer colours.
The larger format will allow users to utilise one screen to browse the Spotify catalogue, view cover art and search through playlists.
Key new features in thew Spotify iPad app include:
- Retina graphics for iPad – sharper images for album art and the like
- A number of user experience improvements to the app’s search functionality
- New ‘Now Playing’ full-screen view with high-def album art
- Search for playlists, users and music – all from the same view
- Check out what’s hot and find trending playlists & songs amongst your friends
- Inbox grouped by user for easy searching
- Gapless playback and crossfade
- AirPlay integration
Of all these features we think the integration of AirPlay, which means you’ll be able to stream music to any AirPlay supported device, will provide an added incentive for users of the free version to upgrade to the Premium subscription.
The Spotify service gives users on-demand access to more than 18 million songs and Spotify Premium subscribers can get the new app from Apple’s App Store, while non-subscribers can sign up to a 30-day free trial